In this 2-day hands-on workshop we will focus on advanced Kubernetes concepts and features. Next, over the course of multiple exercises we walk you through taking a demo application from a naive deployment to improving it step by step, implementing best practices.
Who should attend?
This workshop is for Software developers, DevOps engineers and Application architects who are already running Kubernetes and want to further develop their knowledge and understand how advanced features can be used to make application development more agile, improve availability and sustainability. This course focuses on the architectural and operational side of running mission critical applications on Kubernetes.
What can I expect from the workshop?
After this workshop you will have an overview of the advanced features of Kubernetes. You will have practiced deploying, updating and exposing an application running on a cluster, and be able to understand the reasons behind and how to implement best practices for production grade apps on Kubernetes.
Upon completion participants will:
- Understand the most important areas to consider when running an application on Kubernetes in a Production environment
- Understand how to effectively run stateless and stateful applications
- Demonstrate how to manage external access to an application
- Understand multiple ways to perform zero downtime deployments
- Apply best practices for effective configuration management
- Manage Resources and Quality of Service
- Summarize approaches to application monitoring and logging
- Understand Role Based Access Control
- Explain how Kubernetes can be integrated with common CI/CD pipelines
- Troubleshoot problems encountered when running applications
- Advanced Kubernetes architecture
- Running workloads on Kubernetes
- Services & Ingress
- Configuration Management
- Resource Management
- Zero downtime deployments
- Logging & Monitoring
- Role Based Access Control
- Logging & Monitoring
- CI/CD integration
- Troubleshooting & Debugging
- Ran Kubernetes in at least a Development environment
- Used Docker to build and deploy a containerised application
- Worked with containerised applications
- Basic Cloud Native concepts
- Basic software development
- Basic Linux administration
- WiFi enabled laptop
- Access to a Terminal and SSH client
- GitHub account
- Docker Hub account
Format and Duration
- Format: Classroom based, hands-on facilitated workshop
- Duration: 2 days